Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1999-02 > 0918193669

From: "Richard P. Hudson" <>
Subject: Re: Wearing Tartan
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 23:47:49 -0600

Beverly,

Montgomery is a clan in its own right. The current chief of the name
and arms of all the Montgomery is the Rt. Hon. the thirteenth Earl of
Eglinton and ninth Earl of Winton. Russel or Russell is an armigerous
family of Scotland, and the third Earl Russell was the eminent
philosopher Lord Bertrand Russell. This too is a clan in its own right.
I do believe that the title passed to an heir of Bertrand Russell but it
may be dormant. No matter, there remains a tartan for both of these
clans and I am fairly certain they each have a clan society.

Regards,

Dick Hudson

This thread: