Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1999-02 > 0918154247

From: "David L. White" <>
Subject: Re: Wearing tartan
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 12:50:47 -0600

What Dick alluded to but didn't state is that the wearing of three feathers
on the bonnet signifies the Chief of the Clan. Only the chief of the clan
should be wearing three feathers. You can do it, but it is not advisable.
It would be like putting on three silver stars and pretending to be a
General. Most would recognize you as an imposter.