Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1999-02 > 0917972517

From: Alex Jamieson <>
Subject: Unidentified subject!
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 09:21:57 -0700

Hello List,

I am searching for my Jamieson (and variants) ancestors who were around
Culleyramer, Garvagh, Moneydig Ireland abt. 1757-1818.

Earliest name is Robert Jamieson apparently from Loch Doon Scotland who
came to farm at Garvagh, County Derry, Ireland abt. 1680.

Other names I have are William Jamieson, b. 1757 m. Matilda Hill,
emmigrated to Canada abt.1818; Robert Jamieson, m.? had 2 sons (at least)
Robert Jamieson - owned "Brookfield" and Archibald Jamieson owned
"Farn(m?)hill" - both farmed and died near Moneydig, Ireland and are
burried near there.

Also Elizabeth Jamieson daughter of "Brookfield" Robert m. J. Adams.

Anyone out ther know any more about these folks?

- And on all the other history related info that comes from this list. I
find it quite interesting to read when I have time, and when I don't I feel
free to delete. (I figure I can always search the archive later)

Thanx,
Alex.

Alex Jamieson,
Questing for my Jamieson/McFarlaneancestors Scotland>Ireland> Canada & USA
Calgary, Alberta,Canada

This thread: