Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-11 > 0912398551

From: "the Hamiltons" <>
Subject: Fw: STU WOB HAS SOME TAIG BLOOD
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 22:02:31 -0600

Begad, girl--it makes you a mutt, a regular Heinz 57, i.e., an American if
ever I saw one! I have to give a plug here to my fellow Irish Americans--I
wish I could quote it, but I only have the gist of it, read it a few years
ago:
You can move to China, but you will never be Chinese; you may move to
France, but you will never be French; you may live in Russia, but you will
never be a Russian; but anyone can come to the United States and be an
American. (hand goes to throat here, emits little sob, and kids say, eh
mah gaw, here she goes again with the "it's so poignant"
routine...........)

> I subscribe to this list because my Walkers came to the US by way of
Ireland,
> and maybe my Protestant Irish Browns too. On my husband's side, though,
I was
> given to understand that they were Irish Catholics through and throu

This thread: