Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-11 > 0912371590

From: "Charles.Clark" <>
Subject: STU WOB HAS SOME TAIG BLOOD
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 09:33:10 +1300

I'll say it again, but louder this time.

STU WOB HAS SOME TAIG BLOOD

Don't sound so embarrassed to have to admit it, Stu. Catholics are real
people too, and don't even look like leprechauns, even when they are
related to you.So you don't need to call yourself a wee orange wotsit to
get down to the same level as them.
I am researching my Pearse, Fitzgerald, Walshe relatives from co Kerry
and Limerick, and although they were Church of ireland at the time I was
related to same, they're probably Catholic now.
Also my Irwin relatives from County Roscommon, who seem to have changed
colour several times over the years as the inclination took them.
For all that I certainly recall the difficulty I had coming to grips
with the existence of my Nazi propagandist cousin, novelist Francis
Stuart, who was born in Australia, went back to Ireland with his mother
after his father committed suicide four months after he was born (now
that's a bit of a cross to bear) and was brought up in what then became
the south. However I'm getting John Giacolletti educated about him, so
I'll let him tell you about Francis Stuart.
And I like the bit about "If it's a bit embarassing we probably all do
have some. If it's embarassing and Interesting we surely do".
Something like that certainly seems to apply to Francis Stuart.
Charlie

This thread: