Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-09 > 0905107933

From: John Carpenter <>
Subject: Fwd: St. Patrick and Presbyterianism
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 11:52:13 -0700 (PDT)

This is an interesting question, but I hope we're not
going to use it as a rallying point to insult each
other and stir up old or present hatreds. Edward, is
this something you might comment on, as it's
reasonableness? Is is a fair point or is it just
someone trying to prove his own point?

> "The simple, scriptural character of the
Presbyterian Church, with its absence
> of either primates or diocesan bishops, with its
minister for every
> congregation and the Holy Scriptures for its
supreme law, and with no rites or
> ceremonies allowed save such as are authorised in
the Word of God, approaches
> far more nearly to the spirit and genius of
Patrick, and of the Church for
> which he lived and laboured, than either of them,
or than any other Church of