Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-08 > 0902765009

From: Mickpiper <>
Subject: Mavity/Jones/Morton surnames
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 09:03:29 -0700

Greetings all.

My family history dictates that my ancestors came to Ireland to fight at
the Boyne with William of Orange. The ancestor was awarded land, a
decendant of his was strangled and supposed dead by the Catholics and he
was raised in hiding. Robert MAVITY grew up, married Margaret MORTON.
They had 1 son named William MAVITY and all came to America in 1765.
Settled in VA and William married Mary JONES in Franklin County.

I have found 1 Mavity in Co. Cavan and tons of variations throughout
Ulster (remember, Cavan is in the Republic) ie.
McAveety/Mcvittie/Maveety etc...
What I am looking for is information circa 1740-1765 in Ulster and I
keep hitting brickwalls. I know somebody somewhere has some information
regarding these folks. Help!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Brian Mavity

This thread: