Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-08 > 0902707998

From: gail< >
Subject: Re: idealizing Native Americans?
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 20:13:18 -0400 (EDT)

--WebTV-Mail-1301237809-77

Victoria, Just what makes you think these people came here and all owned
land or had any help to survive? Many Irish/scotch-Irish etc,lived in
filthy cities in the worst conditions 6-10 bodies in one apartment or on
tennents on a wealthy mans farm working till they died with
nothing(sometimes losing 1-2-3 or more children and still they
stayed.This was more than a dream this took guts . Nobody gave my family
anything and they would not have taken charity. You are too far away
from your roots! By the way is there any group you can find you would
LIKE to be descended from???

--WebTV-Mail-1301237809-77