Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-08 > 0902588663

From: Lisa Parton <>
Subject: Re: Celtic Toes
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 10:04:23 -0500

Congratulations Dave!
I know that we are probaly getting off on another subject now, but what if you
don't have the longer 2nd toe? I'm afraid mine all slant down. They are
fairly long, but not skinny. My maiden name was Scott with grandparents who
were, Shannon, Keys, McAnally, and Riley.
Wait! I just looked at my children Mackenzie and Curt's toes. Their 2nd toes
are the same length as their big toe and Curt's 2nd toes curve out (funny
looking). Does this count?

Lisa Parton

bobstewart wrote:

> I am sure that all of us are now looking down at our toes and wondering.
> 'Tis true that my 2nd toes are longer than my big toes but they then slant
> downward towards the little toe. I am a Campbell married to a MacDonald
> that was adopted by a Stewart. Can you imagine my children's feet?!!!
> karol
>
> ----------
> > Subject: Celtic Toes
> > Date: Friday, August 07, 1998 9:22 PM
> >
> > Dear Friends,
> > I am trying to type this and give my new son his late night
> > feeding as well, so please forgive any typos. I read about the Celtic
> Toes on
> > this list a while back. Linda, sorry to bring up an old subject. It is
> my
> > understanding that the toes of our Celtic ancestors were straight across
> with
> > the second toe being as long or longer than the big toe, as opposed to
> > slanting downward towards from the big toe to the little toe. If I am
> wrong
> > someone please correct me, but that is my understanding of it. Hope I've
> > helped some of you out.
> > Sincerely,
> > Dave and Josh King

This thread: