Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-08 > 0901972159

From: Glenn Campbell <>
Subject: NEW ENGLAND ROOTS
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 98 07:49:19 EDT

Hi All,

I am a 9th descendant of Alexander CAMPBELL and Jenit (?) from Ulster,
Northern Ireland who came to Danville, New Hampshire in 1728 They were
married before 1716. He was noted as one of the first people to raise Irish
potatoes in New Hampshire. He is of Scothish ancestry. He owned property in
Chester, Danville, and Newton, N.H. One of his sons:
* Annas Campbell moved to Henniker and married Abigail PIKE before 1744.
They owned 700 acres of land in Henniker to start and purchased more land
when living there. One of their sons:
* David was a prominant grand juror and selectman. He also was a major in
the revolutionary war. He married Sarah PATTERSON in Henniker before 1775.
The Patterson's were also from Ulster, NI. and also of scothish ancestry.
She was a renowned horsewoman. One of thier sons:
* Annas was the organizer of the Henniker Riffles and was it's first
commanding officer. He married Patty HOWE Jan. 20, 1820, her lineage goes
back to the famous Wayside Inn in Sudbury, Ma. One of their sons:
* Hiram was a commanding officer of the Henniker Genediers. He married
Lavonia Sawyer BARNES in 1843. They were 1st cousins. They moved to Roxbury,
Massachusetts. One of their sons:
* Charles worked as a shipping clerk for the Youth's Companion magazine. He
married Jennette TWEEDIE before 1876, she was of Scotish ancestry. One of
thier sons:
* Robert was an Alderman and a one time Senator of Medford, Ma. He played
on the original Twilight Baseball League and trained the famous marathon
runner Clarence De Marr. A fact also that Robert was one of the only people
to have ever beaten Clarence in a 10k race in High School. He married
Carrie ROGERS June 3, 1912. She belonged to many political organizations.
Her lineage goes back to the Rogers of Marshfield, Ma. These are my grand
parents.
It is because of Carrie that this genealogy still goes on today.

In my line there is a lot of connections to the Ulster, NI families. I am
very interested in sharing all I can about the times and people as well as
connecting with anyone who may be related.

Thanks for listening,
Glenn Campbell

This thread: