Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-07 > 0900462258

From: "Virginia W. Beck" <>
Subject: Re: Location in N. Ireland
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 17:24:18 -0700

John: Right after I read your message, the CNN reporter on TV said he was
reporting from Versharkin. I looked in my old atlas, which hardly ever
fails me, but could find no listing. You might visit your library, which
probably has much more detailed atlases and maps of Ireland than the ones we
have. Did you ever see it written? Could it be one of those Irish names
that is pronounced entirely differently from how it looks?