Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-06 > 0898910927

From: Carl Backers <>
Subject: Re: Celtic Music
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 18:28:47 -0700

wrote:

> Hi everyone....I've listened to Celtic music for years....and here are some of
> my favorites.
> 1. "Celtic Christmas" Vol 1 ( which really doesn't sound like Christmas)
> by Windham Hill ( It's very good ) There's also a vol 2.
> It has 13 different artist on it. One of the signers Loreena McKennitt is
> very good.
> 2. "Celtic Cross" by Richard Searles. I heard him playing here in Phoenix at
> a local event at the Civic Center.
> 3. There's always "Enya" she good too.
> 4. The Group "Brother" has played at the local Scottish Festival & Highland
> Games, for the last couple of years. They are great. They have 5 CD's. And
> guess what...so do I. They play so many different types of instruments....it's
> amazing !
> I just love the bagpipes. The kilts are sexy too! :-)
>
> Gloria Pinkerton
Hi Gloria,
In the Opening Parade at the recent Sacramento Jazz Festival, their was
the band with gents in kilts but then there were women carrying the
colors. They were dressed in what looked like long kilts with the sash
across one shoulder--it did me heart real good to see them.
Connie Backers, No. Calif.

This thread: