Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-06 > 0898743262

From: "David L. White" <>
Subject: Re: Celtic Music
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 21:54:22 -0500

For authentic Scottish Christmas music, I highly recommend "A Scottish
Christmas," featuring Bonnie Rideout on the fiddle, Maggie Sansone on the
hammered dulcimer, Al Petteway on the acoustic guitar, and Eric Rigler on
the highland bagpipe, the Scottish smallpipes and Ulleann pipes. Available
from Maggie's Music, P.O. Box 4144, Annapolis, MD 21403, tel:
410-268-3394.
If you can take the organ with the bagpipes (at least it is a pipe organ
and not one of those infernal electric organs!) try "The Pipes of
Christmas, A Selection of Carols for Bagpipe and Organ," Available through
R.P. Blandford & Son, Ltd., 204 Orange St., Redlands, CA 92374, tel:
909-798-1060 or through one of their distributors.
I have no financial interest in either of the above firms.

----------
> Subject: Celtic Music
> Date: Wednesday, June 24, 1998 8:56 PM
>
> Hi everyone....I've listened to Celtic music for years....and here are
some of
> my favorites.
> 1. "Celtic Christmas" Vol 1 ( which really doesn't sound like Christmas)
> by Windham Hill ( It's very good ) There's also a vol 2.
> It has 13 different artist on it. One of the signers Loreena McKennitt
is
> very good.
> 2. "Celtic Cross" by Richard Searles. I heard him playing here in
Phoenix at
> a local event at the Civic Center.
> 3. There's always "Enya" she good too.
> 4. The Group "Brother" has played at the local Scottish Festival &
Highland
> Games, for the last couple of years. They are great. They have 5 CD's.
And
> guess what...so do I. They play so many different types of
instruments....it's
> amazing !
> I just love the bagpipes. The kilts are sexy too! :-)
>
> Gloria Pinkerton

This thread: