Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-05 > 0894413004

From: Edward Andrews <>
Subject: Re: Districts
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 01:03:24 +0100

I had been working off the digest as I had unsubbed off the L list,
and digest on Netscape is bad for the blood pressure.
What do you mean by districts?
KENT
> MIDDLESEX
> ESSEX
> SURREY
> LANCASHIRE
> BEDFORD
> BUCKINGHAM
are all counties in England
ABERDEEN
ANGUS
ARGYLL
AYRSHIRE
BERWICK
BANFF
are counties of Scotland
> ANGLESEY is in Wales.
Prior to 1975, In SCOTLAND the counties were the main local
government divisions in Scotland. From 1975 to 1997 the major local
government areas were regions, subdivided into districts. Since then
we are basically back to the counties, but different.
Local government is England is different, and I do not know enough
about it to be able to give you an answer.
You need to be more specific in what you are asking if we are going
to be able to help us
Edward Andrews

--
St Nicholas Buccleuch Parish Church Dalkeith
Visit our Web site

This thread: