Scotch-Irish-L ArchivesArchiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-04 > 0893374881
From: Krealyn Brecht <>
Subject: CRAIG VA> KY> IN> IA or VA> KY> TN
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 16:41:21 -0700
I looking to link a James CRAIG b. 1766 m. Rebekah HILL in Clark Co. KY
I do know he was associated with Joseph COLVILLE s/o Capt. Andrew
COLVILLE who served at King's Mountain SC in 1781. d. Wythe VA
Also serving in that battle was Capt. Robert CRAIG of Abington,
Washington, VA. d. Wythe, VA. Other names linked both by marriage and
war to Andrew COLVILLE are VANCE, MONTGOMERY, LUSK.
1. Andrew COLVILLE's daughter Sarah Jane m. John MONTGOMERY
2. James CRAIG son of John CRAIG of Lancaster, PA to Wythe Co VA, m.
Ann MONTGOMERY 1792
3. Andrew COLVILLE's wife was Mary CRAIG [thought to be the d/o a
4. Joseph COLVILLE's wife was Sarah LUSK. He was listed on a deed with
wife Rosannah. Don't know if this is the same wife or not. They both
died in Blount Co. TN
5. James CRAIG's oldest son John [makes one think James's father was a
John] traveled to Morgan Co. IN with a James and Robert STOTTS. Robert
STOTTS [possibly the fa of James and Robert] m. Sinthia CRAIG.
Does anyone have any info on these families?
|CRAIG VA> KY> IN> IA or VA> KY> TN by Krealyn Brecht <>|