Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-03 > 0889812562

From: HI Dayman< >
Subject: Re(2): Different Beliefs
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 10:09:22 -0800

,Internet writes:
>Here's my 2 cents worth: In the Bible it says that the Jewish people were
>the chosen one's everybody else was a Gentile. If this world would
>wake-up
>and realize that there are several different sects to the Jewish and
>Gentile
>(Christian) faiths and that we all are "Brothers and Sisters Keepers" this
>world we BE A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE!!

Yes, there are different faiths in the world. Some are saving faiths and
some are not. Nevertheless, we are to treat all by the Golden Rule: "Do
unto others as you would have them do unto you." The two great
commandments are: Love God and love your neighbour as yourself. Love is
not some gushy feeling but practice of the Ten commandments which the two
great commandments summarize. This means that justice is part of loving
others. As far as Jews and Christians go, yes, there could be improvement
here. Unfortunately, we all have a problem dealing with conflict in our
relationships. Some do it better than others. It is naive though to think
that if we just love everybody all will be will. Some issues lead to death
and some to life. How is love shown if we don't tell someone he will die
if he continues on the wrong path?

Rev. Bruce Dayman

This thread: