Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-03 > 0889325786

From: In Transit <>
Subject: Re: Scotch-Irish-D Digest V98 #211
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 1998 18:56:26 -0800

To the nice lady who helped me look for
Mcanally and others. My ancestor named
Mcanally said he was kidnapped from near the
Forth River in Scotland in 1693 and told his
grandson this so that the story could be
written down according to geneology sources
on the net. According to you books, this is
an Irish name. I found a Scottish name
Macinally belonging to the MacFArlane and
Buchanan Clans who were in that area, but I'm
still so dumb I can barely find Scotland on a
map. Were your Mcanally's transported from
that area during the clearances?

Thanks, Denise White GGrandaugher of Martha
Elizabeth Mcanally
ethnicity: Scots-Irish Cherokee with some
Welsh coalminers named Reece thrown in for
seasoning.

This thread: