Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-03 > 0889319061

From: "Aaron Orr" <>
Subject: Here's Tae Ilka Ane O' Ye!
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 20:04:21 -0500

In deference to a request from Dr. Stu Ross who wants "a singing, happy
scotsirish list" -

The Road to the Isles

A far croonin' is pullin' me away
As take I wi' my cromak to the road.
The far Coolins are puttin' love on me
As step I wi' the sunlight for my load.

Chorus:
Sure, by Tummel and Loch Rannoch and Lochaber I will go.
By heather tracks wi' heaven in their wiles;
If it's thinkin' in your inner heart braggart's in my step,
You've never smelt the tangle 0' the Isles.
Oh, the far Coolins are puttin' love on me.
As step I wi' my cromak to the lsles.

It's by Sheil water and track is to the west.
By Aillort and by Morar to the sea,
The cool cresses I am thinkin' 0' for pluck,
And bracken for a wink on Mother knee.

Chorus: Sure, by Tummel etc.

It's the blue Islands are pullin' me away,
Their laughter puts the leap upon the lame,
The blue Islands from the Skerries to the Lews,
Wi' heather honey taste upon each name.

Chorus.- Sure, by Tummel etc.

This marching song is a favourite wherever it is sung but especially on the
road through the West HIghlands on the way to the Western isles.

And if you really want an eclectic view of Scotland just go to:
http://ic.net/~erasmus/RAZ31.HTM";

Thanks,

Aaron

This thread: