Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-03 > 0889016600

From: <>
Subject: Re: A dose of medicine
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 13:03:20 +0000

At 11:06 AM 3/3/98 EST, OmahaMom wrote:
>In a message dated 3/3/98 9:37:45 AM Central Standard Time,
> writes:
>
><< >>
>
>Yes, the Canadian system is wonderful. That's why so many come to the US for
>surgery if they can afford it. Would you like to wait for an "elective" hip
>replacement? Or a gall bladder surgery? It's a hurry up and wait system.
>Don't let anybody kid you. I have heard from Canadian friends that it is
>definitely not without its problems, including giving service when major
cares
>are needed.
>
>karen

It is my experience in a Canadian hospital that there is no waiting. If
you have an emergency you walk in and are seen with in a couple of minutes.
I have never gotten that speedy of treatment in the US. A minimul wait of
two hours is the common and it is not unusual for it to be longer.

In Ottowa there are about 8 hospitals. Ottowa is the size of Waco, TX and
we have only 2. I have never heard of having to wait for anything. I
don't believe your friend. But your friend is right, there are some
problems with the Canadian system. Time in treatment is not one of them.

Sandy
Eili\dh an'Faoileann

This thread: