Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-03 > 0888977163

From: <>
Subject: Re: A dose of medicine
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 18:06:03 -0800

Lou:
>You said...
> The problem no one wants to address here is the work hard & succeed Profit
> Motive we're so proud of here.
There's nothing wrong with working for a profit and for larger profits
if you work harder; however I hope you are keeping in mind that the
'profit' motive might not necessarily apply everywhere. Personally, I
believe people work for other people -- and there's no amount of money
that makes me work harder for somebody I don't like, or respect. I'm
not saying you are wrong, only that profit is not the only motive. And,
when $$ is not the only motive, it doesn't necessarily leave you with
mediocrity...just a different benchmark.

Bette

This thread: