Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0888219240

From: <>
Subject: Re: Parenting traits of the SI
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 02:34:00 EST

<< What I do claim is that the Church has failed the people of Scotland
in part because of how we have allowed it to be organized, and the
various power bases which have developed. This is completely seperate
from any idea of people relying on government.
Edward Andrews >>

I think this is a failing of churches everywhere, even here in the States.
When a church fails to see beyond its own doors into the surrounding community
it not only fails that community it fails God as well.

The bible teaches to "love your enimies, bless them that curse you, do good to
them that despitefully use you."
"love your neighbor as yourself"
"Love God with all your heart, soul and
mind."(Which you can't do without adhering to the first two.)
"How can you claim to love God whom you have
not seen without loving your brother whom you have seen" (My Translation)

I believe that if the church is to have any affect on today's society we are
going to have to become more socially aware and active in our communities.
feed the Hungry, clothe the naked, and visit the sick and imprisoned. Sound
familiar.

"if you have done it unto the least of these my brethren,you have done it unto
me"

Ok someone else can have the soapbox now.

Mike

This thread: