Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-01 > 0886232089

From: <>
Subject: Re: Nut Joke
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 02:34:49 EST

<< Haha! That reminds me of the old joke about the American pilot
who bailed out over Antrim in WWII. His parachute failed and he
went SMACK in the middle of a field. Two farmers came over and
looked at him and said (I wish I could say it in Ulster Scots):
"Dinna anybody tell 'im NOTHING works around here on Sunday??"

You can't say it in Ulster Scots. Perhaps you aren't aware of it, but
the Government banned the use of Ulster Scots several hundred years ago.

This thread: