Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-01 > 0886187384

From: John Carpenter <>
Subject: Re: BEAN
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:09:44 -0800 (PST)

Early next century, I believe 2003 will be the
centenary of Judge Roy Bean's death and it looks like
Langtry is going to celebrate his life big time.
There is a small state park there including the
Jersey Lily and containing a museum and a small,
lovely desert garden. Some good people and a
handsome desert setting, with the Rio Grande right at
hand and the Pecos not far away. That's Langtry,
Texas, folks, where the Judge was the law west of the
Pecos. And Lilly Langtry didn't come thru on the
train, though I loved seeing Ava Garner play it.

---Viola Seward wrote:

> does any one remember judge roy bean? i have a
picture of him with pres.
> roosevelt and liver eating johnson, sundance kid,
and a lot more then i can
> think of at the moment. it was taken in north
dakota back in them thar
> early day's. there are only two copies to this
picture and i have one.