Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-01 > 0885572324

From: <>
Subject: Re: Response to Ed Andrew
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 12:18:44 -0400

On Fri, 23 Jan 1998 14:16:29 +0000, you wrote:

>Shirley Norton wrote:
>>

>> I received this response from Mr. Andrews in my private email but later
Mr Andrews,

I thank you for this, and other reasoned arguments on this list, peppered with
witticisms, and the odd barb...

It is unfortunate, that, some allow "emotions" to drive them to reply, instead
of giving it right back to you, doing it with energy and great good humour....

Sometimes it infuriates me.I am afraid I would have to tell a long story as to
why, but suffice it to say I am a city politician, and sometimes the
back-and-forth banter of the councillors is misunderstood or mistaken by those
who don't have a "team" background...sports and all that.......In fact the
banter is often seen as outright rudeness or argumentativeness (sp?)...

Anyway, I find you round out my historical/genealogical general knowledge
perspectives enormously, and I value it Sir !

Derek Chase

This thread: