Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-01 > 0884870020

From: "Jan" <>
Subject: Re: Consistory of Scottish Rite ??
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 07:13:40 -0600

Dear Catherine,

re:
>Can anyone tell me the "qualifications" for someone to become a member of
the
>Consistory of Scottish Rite?
The following I copied from my MS Bookshelf Reference software:

Scottish rite (noun)
A ceremonial rite in a Masonic system.
The American HeritageĀ® Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition
copyright Ā© 1992 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed
from INSO Corporation. All rights reserved.

You might also try www.freemason.org and www.scottish-rite.org both of
these websites are associated with the Masons in CA. I merely looked them
up, I am not a member or have any affiliation with them....
I briefly searched through both sides and it looks like the only way you'll
get the info you seek is to 'e-mail' them at the address at the sites.

re:
>By the by, does anyone know what the society of the Eastern Star is too?

At the risk of showing my ignorance in such matters, I think they may have
some affiliation with the Masons--the Masonic Temple here in Waterloo, IA is
also where the Order of the Eastern Star gather. (The basis for my
assumption, I don't really know.) But here again, from my MS Bookshelf
Reference software:

Order of the Eastern Star
General Grand Chapter
1618 New Hampshire Ave NW
Washington, D.C. 20009

You might also try: www.easternstar.com

Again, I am not affiliated with either of these groups. Just passing along
some help...

Jan McAhren

Researching: Scot/Irish-MCAHREN/MCCACHERN/MCEACHERN Irish-DEA
PA-Dutch/English-SHIRLEY

This thread: