Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1997-12 > 0881273337

From: "Robert DAVISON" <>
Subject: Davy Crockett
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 97 22:30:48 UT

King of the Wild Frontier - kilt him a bare (bear) when he was only three -
Fess
Parker - coonskin caps... oh happy days!!

Enough of this nostalgia. I am told that information on Crockett's origins
can be found in a book written by Ulsterman, Billy Kennedy. It's called 'The
Scots-Irish in the Hills of Tennessee' and was published in 1995 by Causeway
Press. If those of you who are interested and can get hold of it, fine.
Otherwise, I can get at it but it may take a few days. Let me know please.

Yours aye

Rob C Davison
General Secretary
North of Ireland Family History Society