Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1997-12 > 0881194283

From: John Carpenter <>
Subject: Re: Closed minds reinforce decay
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 16:11:23 -0800 (PST)

That's not exactly what I meant. Since the English
set up the plantations to subdue the Irish Catholic
presence and then did their best to suppress
Catholicism AND Presbyterianism and any other ism but
Church of England, it seems logical to me that the
Orangemen would have preferred alliance with the
Irish or perhaps their own independance rather than
remaining part of the UK. And are there not babies
being blow up and old ladies losing legs in Ulster
and in England and in Nigeria, and in Bosnis,
so much hatred in the world and so much of not even
directed at those who could have made things
different and chose not to.