Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1997-11 > 0880036882

From: Karen Emery< >
Subject: William Wallace
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 07:41:22 -0700 (MST)

Hi John,

I have read William Wallace by James Mackay and have questions. It sounds
like you might be able to help me. Is there anything written from William
Wallace's time about him other than Blind Harry's poem? Does anyone really
know that he was 6' 7" tall? In the book a comment was made that after
William did his mischief he blended in with the crowd. Now how does a giant
blend in with a crowd of people?:) My boy is 6'4" tall and he stands out
like a sore thumb (even in this day and age). I believe the people in
William's time were probably about 5'6" or so. I really curious about what
is fact in William's story.

Hope you or someone else can answer my questions.

Thank you,
Karen

This thread: