Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1997-10 > 0877143776

From: linda Merle <>
Subject: Re: Highlanders etc.
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 20:02:56 -0700

Oh goodee! a banshee discussion....
> Moran Taing for the info on banshee,Lisa!

The last time we had it (or I had it), someone said that it was found
in the Scots tradition too. Anyone know more than that? We got a
banshee from the Irish side. As little kids my cousins and I would
sit around and talk about her and fairies. Our grannie was very
fey and saw a lot of fairies. Strange lady -- no one told her
Protestants don't have these things.

I recently bought a book in banshees which gives the geographical
distribution of them (most often found in Wexford!), etc. It said
what we had always beleived: plantation families don't have them.
But there are those rumors of Scots banshees --I suspect highland
banshees! Anyone got a Scots banshee??

Linda Merle

This thread: