Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1997-09 > 0874520221

From: "Randy Pennell" <>
Subject: Re: Translation
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 14:17:01 -0400

Just a comment to all you frustrated ex-Latin students out there. At the
high school my son attends, Latin is the most sought-after language offered.
Why??? Magistra Porytko makes it fun and has introduced a local chapter of
the Junior Classical League for the students to join. The Pennsylvania JCL
state convention is held at State College every May; there are competitions
of all types and everyone gets to dress in togas. My son couldn't fit Latin
III into his schedule last year, but he was still allowed to join JCL.
This year Magistra allowed him to take Latin III and IV. I'm delighted he
has a teacher dedicated to making Latin appreciated (and hard to forget).
Now, if only we'd had that much fun......... Elaine Pennell

This thread: