Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1997-09 > 0874286254

From: Paula Barker <>
Subject: Re: Name origins
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 20:17:34 -0500

What I know is that James FAULKNER arrived in Charlotte, NC. James
FAULKNER sailed from Learn, Ireland. His father (Name Unknown) had come
before the Revolutionary War and had left James in Ireland with an uncle
to complete his schooling. James landed at Wilmington, North Carolina
and came to the Waxhaus (Lancaster County, South Carolina). He went to
George McKENNY'S (George's wife was Margaret HUTCHISON). It is thought
that James was around the ages of 16-20 when he came over. (No
information was found on the father of James. He may have died before
James arrived)

He went immediately to people who were definately Scots Irish. His
first night was spent sharing a bed with the future President, Andrew
Jackson. He married Andy's cousin Mary Lessley/Leslie. He is called by
"Old Mr. Craig" a good Prebyterian like himself.

--
Paula
in Texas

This thread: