Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1997-08 > 0872391955

From: linda Merle <>
Subject: Re: Quitclaim Deeds
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 20:05:55 -0700

Wow! a real genealogical discussion.

> >Quit Claim Deeds are without warranties
>
> Not always. Just for the record, here's the definition (from Black's Law Dictionary):
>
> Quitclaim deed. A deed of conveyance operating by way of release; that is, intended to pass any title, interest, or claim which the grantor may have in the premises, but not professing that such title is valid, nor containing any warranty or covenants for title. Under the law of some states the grantor warrants in such deed that neither he nor anyone claiming under him has encumbered the property and that he will defend the title against defects arising under and through him, but as to no othe

Would someone care to explain to newbies why they should care??
I suspect some here don't know.

I'd contribute but I can't spell any better today and I will now
never find my ancestors who were in the British army because I left
the seminar when I realized I didn't give a h***t about them <grin>.
So I'm tired of deads, eh, deeds, sasines, etc, etc,, etc. Esp.
when written in latin. At last: a use for high school latin.

Linda Merle

This thread: