Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1997-08 > 0871997707

From: piper <>
Subject: Re: Celts
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 06:35:07 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, there are Galatian pipes. They have a fluted drone and chanter and
sound very sweet. They of course have a more Turkish look to them.

John Gideon
Clan Gordon Pipe Band of Tacoma, Wa.

Charter Member: United States Internet Genealogical Society
http://www.usigs.org
Researching: Gideon, Ball, McCullah

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, John Giacoletti wrote:

> Lenore,
>
> Of the 7 Celtic nations, one is Galatia. This is the Province of Galatia
> in Spain, but it is acknowledged that there is also the Galatia in Turkey
> which may be a Celtic source prior to central Europe. The Celts in Spain
> play pipes; I don't think the Galatians in Turkey do, but I am not positive
> about this.

This thread: