Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1997-08 > 0871855951

From: R Bradley <>
Subject: Ulster Genealogical Database
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 23:12:31 +0100

The Idea of the Ulster Genealogical Database only emerged a few days ago,
that is a central site where those tracing their family lines back to Ulster
(or Ireland, no hard and fasr rules!) can deposit their data.

Interest has been shown ini this project and suggestions made as to how the
data can be connected, where linkages our established. As the data is
published in web page format, from gedcom files connections found can be
reported and links then manually inserted.

Another idea was to incorporate a local search engine on the web server, so
this too will be progressed.

A front page to the site has been created and this went live yesterday, so
we are really one one day old! The site, which is still being developed,
can be seen at:

http://www.ulster.org.uk/genealogy/ugd.html

Thanks to those who have made suggestions and offered support. I hope it
will become a valuable resource.

Roger Bradley

Ulster Historical Publications, PO Box 27, Newtownards,
Co Down, BT23 5FF, Northern Ireland.
Mobile 0410 857818
--------------http://www.gpl.net/users/bradle

This thread: