Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1997-08 > 0870875789

From: Kathy Bates <>
Subject: Re: Web Page stuff
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 09:56:29 -0400

>1) How many times (approximately) have you visited the main page of the web
>site for this list (http://members.aol.com/manus/ulsterref.html) since April
>1997?

About 10 or more

>2) Which counties in Ulster have you established that your families came (or
>most likely came) from?

All I've heard is that they were planted in Londonderry in the early
1600's. Still researching when and where exactly that they lived.

>3) Which counties (or regions) in Scotland have you established that your
>families came (or most likely came) from?
Hearsay states the Argyllshire region although I have no proof.

>4) Which time period are you currently researching (pick one only)?
> (a) 1900-present?
> (b) 1845-1900?
> (c) 1798-1845?
> (d) 1695-1798?
> (e) 1641-1695?
> (f) pre-1640?

(f)
>5) Which religious sect does your family predominately relate to (Roman
>Catholic, Presbyterian, Church of Ireland, Covenanter, Seceder, etc.)?

Presbyterian

>6) What is/are 5 surnames (surname only) are you most interested in getting
>information on at present?
Archibald

Thanks, Phil! Looking forward to seeing your completed project!
-Kathy

This thread: