Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1997-05 > 0862685074

From: "." <>
Subject: Surname origin
Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 11:44:34 -0700

I am trying to find out where my PHARISS/RENFRO surnames came from, I
have always thought that Phariss was of Irish, and Renfro from Scotch.
Does any one know where ....and can you led me to them in those
countries?
My Phariss line has totally stopped at ancesto Samuel M PHARISS 1742
VA, none of my contacts know who his parents were or what county he was
born in..
My Renfro/Renfrowe line is John Henry Renfro apparently came from
Scotland and landed in Texas. He was born abt 1790-1800, My
gg-grandmther was Nancy Jane Renfro born 1840 Fayette Co GA, so this is
all that I have for them.. Any one know any of these people?
Thanks Jenell

This thread: