SWINSON-L Archives

Archiver > SWINSON > 2001-07 > 0993977440

From: Lorraine Standfield <>
Subject: Harry Swinson
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 18:50:40 +1000

G'day from Australia,

On behalf of my son-in-law, Raymond Swinson, I am trying to contact
relatives of his father, Harry Wilson Swinson. Harry was a merchant
seaman, and arrived in Australia about 1942. He married Kathleen Bryant
in Adelaide, South Australia in 1946. Harry claimed (on Australian
official certificates) that his father was George, and that he was born
in Sunderland, Durham, England. On shipping papers re. the "Amphibious"
& "Empire Brutus", he claimed South Africa as his place of birth, and
his race English. Harry was probably born somewhere between 1920 and
1925. He died in South Australia in 1958.

Harry apparently had a sister Florence Swinson. The family vaguely
remember hearing from an 'Aunty Flo', who was living in South Africa.

Lorraine Standfield. from Victoria, Australia.

This thread: