SWALES-L Archives

Archiver > SWALES > 2007-07 > 1184364246

From: "janice morrissey" <>
Subject: Re: [SWALES] Australian Swales
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 08:04:06 +1000

Thank you Steve
Yes it looks like it is the right family. I have the 1841 census and it only
shows children Edith 13 and William 20. Ships list arriving AUST. 1848 shows
Edith 21 William 28 & Mary Ann 23 & John Hartwell 26, looks like John &
Edith may have met comming to oz. I can not find any info on Mary Ann in
Aust, but did find Williams death rego. but no marriage info. I found
Williams grave two weeks ago @ Bingara N.S.W. & the grave next to his was
Margaret Swales I assume to be his wife, because I had no Mary Ann on my
census info I was thinking that the names were wrong on the ships list,
thanks to you I have cleared up that misconception, so now I still have to
find Mary Ann in Aust. & Williams marriage records, by the way John Hartwell
& Edith Swales are my gggrandparents.
Thank you again for your information.
Janice Morrissey Original Message -----