SUTHERLIN-L Archives

Archiver > SUTHERLIN > 2001-12 > 1007574388

From: "Bob Letson" <>
Subject: US Sutherlin Place Names
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 10:46:28 -0700

Hello all,
Was just looking up a place name question for one of my Letson family and
took a shot at getting something on Sutherlins.

I found a web page on the USGS web search which lists them. Try checking on
this URL:
http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnis/web_query.gnisprod?f_name=sutherlin&varian
t=N&f_state=&f_cnty=&f_ty=&elev1=&elev2=&cell=&pop1=&pop2=&my_function=Send+
Query&last_name=&last_state=&last_cnty=&page_cnt=&record_cnt=&tab=Y

If that doesn't work try going to the search page and searching for
Sutherlin (don't request any region) and you get the whole of the US. I am
going back to get that URL. Hold on. Back again. Here goes:

http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnis/web_query.gnis_web_query_form

I imagine that you may have to type it in your browser. Where it looks like
spaces in the URL, there are underline marks. They don't show in this
pasting.

This is quite interesting in that you can access maps to Sutherlin
Cemeteries, etc.

Someone, let me know if this works for you.

Bob

This thread: