SUTHERLIN-L Archives

Archiver > SUTHERLIN > 2001-02 > 0981756769

Subject: Scots?
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 17:12:49 EST

I am enjoying this conversation about our roots in Scotland. Researching my
lowland Scots, I have learned quite a bit about their situation. Lowland and
highland Scots differed greatly in their economic situation. When King James
I of England conceived of the Plantation of Ulster, he specifically excluded
the highland Scots from participation. I will have to research further to
discover the reasoning behind this exclusion.

In all of the research I have done in Northern Ireland, I have yet to run
across a Sutherland/Sutherlin. this explains it. All the best, Sandra

This thread: