SUTHERLIN-L Archives

Archiver > SUTHERLIN > 2001-01 > 0980726534

From: <>
Subject: Re: Charles W. Sutherlin
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 16:02:14 -0800

Hi Elmer,

Just got back from a week in London at a trade show. Trying to catch up on
emails and found your letter to Robert L. In regards to the reference by
RMS to Philip's coming from Roanoke, and that it not actually being a
designated city until much after he would have left, would it be possible
that he was referring to the Roanoke river valley area, part of which might
have been considered Virginia at the time? Just wondering. Also, as to the
reference to Mary's marriage, wasn't that also Mary's sister's wedding date,
casting question on that actually being Mary's wedding date. That could
explain things if that were ever explained.

Just wondering. Perhaps you've answered this in some of my other emails
that I haven't gotten to, which number 148. I'm going through them as fast
as I can. Robert, I can now appreciate the time that you left for your trip
to Scotland and came back to over 300 emails. Talk to you all soon.

Regards,

Mark Sutherlin