SUITE-L ArchivesArchiver > SUITE > 2011-04 > 1303840103
From: "Pat Gray" <>
Subject: [SUITE] Suite/Suit Old Notes of Importance
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 13:48:34 -0400
Found these notes in an old file I have; perhaps they may help someone. Did not write down the sources, but I use Ancestry.com, so it would not be difficult to find the sources for these records.
1. William Suit – Caswell County, son of Benjamin, son of Dent Suit of St. Mary’s; William married Rebecca Wilson; children: Bartlett, Solomon, Parmelia, Victoria?, William.
2. If someone gets to the Raleigh State Archives, please look up the following; it may contain “very” important information:
“Granville Will Papers IN BOX 171 – Index of Loose Estate Papers for Granville; 1746-1919; C.R. 044.508 – 1 thru 200 – for the SUIT’s” – all of the following are in BOX 171:
James Suit – 1815
John Suit – 1840
Robert Suit – 1883
William Suit – 1859
William Riley Suit – 1874
Also, found in my old notes:
- Susanna Wetherington, will dated 1839 “my cousin Mariar SHUTE” (Maria)
- A John C. Wetherington, b. abt 1800, married a Narcissa SHUTE (in the 1860 census it has her living in her father’s home, Henry SHUTE, with his wife Maria Stevenson).
- Thomas Shute in Jones Co in 1755 and 1828
- Henry Shute in 1785 in Jones Co
Perhaps these notes will help someone.