STROBEL-L Archives

Archiver > STROBEL > 2006-11 > 1164631621

Subject: Re: [STROBEL] Christiann August Strobel
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 07:47:01 EST

In a message dated 11/26/2006 7:26:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:
Looking for ancestry of Christiann August Strobel, born in Popengr√ľn,
Vogtland, Saxony, Germany in 1818.
Emmigrated to Brazil in 1854.
Thanks.
Nelson Strobel
It is interesting the middle name is August. My Great Grandfather was August
Wesley Strobel. His parents however were in Oberriexingen, Germany. Just a
few miles north of Stuttgart, (Southern) Germany and they migrated to the USA
shortly before 1850. Went to Rochester, New York and then ended up near
Lansing, Michigan.

The only tie between our families would be back in Germany if the two
communities are anywhere near each other. The years would be right basically.

Brazil was a different place to go. Any idea what took them there?

Robert Strobel
Dimondale, MI

This thread: