STRINGER-L Archives

Archiver > STRINGER > 2000-07 > 0963816355

From: "Olivia" <>
Subject: STRINGER - Part 2
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 23:45:55 -0700

Generation No. 4

4. CHARLES4 STRINGER (JOHN3, JOHN2, DANIEL1) was born 1748. He married SARAH
"SALLY" STRINGER.

Child of CHARLES STRINGER and SARAH STRINGER is:

8. i. SIMON5 STRINGER, b. 1778; d. 1866.

5. NOAH4 STRINGER (JOHN3, JOHN2, DANIEL1) was born 1760 in Edgecombe County,
NC, and died 1836. He married CECELIA ANN ___ in GA. She was born in GA, and
died Aft. 1843.

Notes for NOAH STRINGER:

Source for all information on Noah Stringer's descendants:

Lisa Cotten, Metairie, LA

From Bob and Sally Britnell to Lisa Cotton on 9/26/98: Noah served in NC
Militia in the Revolution. About 1803 the whole family migrated to GA, then
most went to Lawrence Co., TX.

9 Aug. 1813--

Sealed proposals will be received at the home of Neill Munroe, esq in
Dublin, Laurens Co., Georgia, for the building of a jail.

Signed David Blackshear, Henry Sheppard, Jonathan Sawyer, Noah Stringer,
Amos Love, Neill Munroe...commissioners..

Children of NOAH STRINGER and CECELIA ___ are:

9. i. ABEL5 STRINGER, b. April 23, 1788, GA; d. January 02, 1854, Franklin
County, MS.

10. ii. PHARABA STRINGER, b. 1797, GA.

iii. DANIEL STRINGER, b. 1798.

iv. ELIZABETH STRINGER, b. 1801.

v. JOHN STRINGER, b. 1804.

vi. NOAH STRINGER, JR., b. 1807; m. REBECCA WARREN.

vii. NANCY STRINGER, b. 1809; m. NOAH SCARBOROUGH.

viii. EVELINA STRINGER, b. 1810; m. SCARBOROUGH(?).

ix. ELIZA STRINGER, b. 1811.

6. CLARISSA4 STRINGER (JOHN3, JOHN2, DANIEL1) was born Bet. 1760 - 1765 in
Edgecombe County, NC, and died 1840 in Montgomery County, GA. She married
BENJAMIN STEWART HAMILTON Abt. 1779 in Wake County, NC, son of WILLIAM
HAMILTON and RACHEL DORMAN. He was born Abt. 1760 in Wake County, NC, and
died Bet. 1830 - 1831 in Montgomery County, GA.

Notes for CLARISSA STRINGER:

1830 Montgomery Co., GA Census:

Clarisey HAMELTON

Females 60-70 - 5

Females 50-60 - 5

Males 15-10 - 2

Males 5-10 - 2

Female Slaves 36-55 - 10

Male Slaves 10-24 - 5

Male Slaves 0-10 - 5

Female Slaves 0-10 - 5

WILL OF CLARISSA HAMILTON

Montgomery County, Georgia. In the Name of God Amen.

I, Clarissa Hamilton, being weak of body but of sound disposing mind do
ordain this my last will and testament in manner and form viz: At my death I
give and bequeath unto my son, Benjamin Hamilton, or his heirs, the sum of
one dollar. I give and bequeath unto my son, Solomon Hamilton, or his heirs,
the sum of one dollar. I give and bequeath unto my daughter, Rebecca Story,
or her heirs, the sum of one dollar. I give and bequeath unto my daughter,
Cynthia Hamilton, or her heirs, the sum of one dollar. I give and bequeath
unto my son, Josiah Hamilton, my negro man, Jack. I give and bequeath unto
my son, William Hamilton, my negro man, Tom. I give and bequeath unto my
daughter, Clarissa Connell . . . my negro woman, Margaret, and her child,
Cutty. I give and bequeath to my daughters, Sara Burch and Rosanna Gillis,
all the rest and residue of my estate, goods and chattels . . . after paying
all my just debts I nominate, constitute and appoint my son, John Hamilton,
sole executor of this my last will and testament thereby revoking all other
previous wills by me made at any time . . . I have hereto set my hand and
seal this first day of May one thousand eight hundred and thirty seven.

Clarissa (Her Mark) Hamilton

This Will recorded in Montgomery, Georgia, wills 1806, 1832-1863, page 43.

______________________________

Children named in the Will are as follows:

1. BENJAMIN HAMILTON - This family moved to Florida.

2. WILLIAM HAMILTON - married Elizabeth Brown and moved to Chauncey,
Georgia, where he reared a large family.

3. JOHN HAMILTON - married Margaret Cadwell of Laurens County, Georgia, and
this family migrated to Thomas County, Georgia, where there are my
descendants today.

4. CLARISSA HAMILTON - married John Connell, a Revolutionary soldier born in
Pennsylvania who came to Georgia after the War, and settled in Montgomery
County.

5. SARAH HAMILTON - married Benjamin Burch and this family settled near
Vienna, Georgia.

6. REBECCA HAMILTON - married Sam Story. Most of them moved to Worth County,
Georgia, and settled near Sylvester.

7. SOLOMON HAMILTON - married Sephene (Temperance?)Grimes. No further data
known.

8. ROSANNAH HAMILTON - married as her first husband, James Calhoun, and had
a number of children, but he died a young man, and she married as her second
husband, John Gillis. Some of this family moved to Worth County, Georgia.

9. JOSIAH HAMILTON - married Mary Poole of Milledgeville, Georgia. From
Josiah and Mary there is a large family connection in Montgomery County,
Georgia.

10. CYNTHIA HAMILTON - has some descendants in Baxley, Georgia.

Fortunate drawer in 1832 Cherokee Land Lottery:

No. 21, FIFTH DISTRICT, THIRD SECTION, CHEROKEE

C. Hamilton, Peterson's District, Montgomery County -

widow, revolutionary soldier; granted previous to the first day of January,
1838

Notes for BENJAMIN STEWART HAMILTON:

(Onie Calhoun Williamson, my grandmother, gave his name as Benjamin Stewart)

Enlisted in Revolutionary War at Hillsboro Courthouse in Orange County, NC,
in 1781. Stewart Hamilton had migrated to Montgomery County, GA, by 1802.

WILL OF STEWART HAMILTON

In the Name of God Amen. I, Stewart Hamilton, of Montgomery County and State
of Georgia, being of sound and perfect mind and memory, do this fourteenth
day of January, eighteen hundred and twenty-four, make this my last will and
testament. That is to day, first, I give and bequeath after my death all of
my property that I now possess and the increase of it to my beloved wife,
Clarry Hamilton, if she should live longer than me, and at her decease she
can give the property to such of my children as she pleases. I will all to
her. I give my children no part of my property except one dollars worth to
each one of them is all I give them. This my last will and testament. In
witness whereof the said Steward Hamilton has hereunto set my hand and
signed, sealed, published and declared in presence of all.

Duncan McCrimmon Stewart Hamilton

Malcolm Peterson

Geo. Wyche

This will is recorded Montgomery County, Georgia, Wills 1806, 1832-1863,
page 23.

From "Genealogical Material from Legal Notices in Early Georgia Newspapers",
page 110--Montgomery County: John Hambleton applies for administration on
estate of Stewart Hambleton, dec'd; Dec. 3, 1830. (From Shirley Akins, AL)

He is buried in the Hamilton Cemetery located near Kibbee, in a grave marked
by the DAR.

My DAR Application, great-great-great-great-granddaughter of Stewart
Hamilton, approved December 22, 1978. DAR National Number 633332.

Children of CLARISSA STRINGER and BENJAMINSTEWART HAMILTON are:

i. MARTHA5 HAMILTON.

Notes for MARTHA HAMILTON:

Martha as child of Stewart and Clarissa supplied by Marcus Johns 8/99. She
would have died before 1837, when Clarissa made her will.

ii. STROTHER HAMILTON.

Notes for STROTHER HAMILTON:

Strother as child of Stewart and Clarissa supplied by Marcus Johns 8/99. He
would have died before 1837 when Clarissa made her will.

11. iii. WILLIAM HAMILTON, b. 1782, Wake County, NC; d. Bet. July 18 -
November 02, 1846, Pulaski County, GA - Will dated July 18, 1846; probated
November 2, 1846 - Book A, page 202-206.

iv. BENJAMIN HAMILTON, b. Abt. 1784, Wake County, NC; d. FL; m. WALKER(?).

12. v. JOHN HAMILTON, b. 1789, Wake County, NC; d. 1856.

13. vi. SARAH HAMILTON, b. February 15, 1790, Wake County, NC; d. August 15,
1871, Laurens Co., GA (or Vienna, GA?).

14. vii. JOSIAH HAMILTON, b. May 1791, Wake County, NC; d. April 22, 1869,
Montgomery County, GA.

15. viii. REBECCA HAMILTON, b. Abt. 1792, NC.

16. ix. ROSANNAH "ROSIE" HAMILTON, b. Abt. 1793, NC.

17. x. SOLOMON HAMILTON, b. Abt. 1800, Montgomery County, GA; d. Aft. 1870,
Walton County, FL.

18. xi. CLARISSA HAMILTON, b. 1802, Wake County, NC; d. Moultrie, GA.

19. xii. CYNTHIA HAMILTON, b. Abt. 1803, Wake County, NC; d. Bef. July 03,
1824, Montgomery County, GA (never married).

7. JOSIAH4 STRINGER (JOHN3, JOHN2, DANIEL1) was born 1761, and died 1837. He
married (1) CECELIA "SEALIE" DAVIS. He married (2) LUCRETIA STRINGER.

Children of JOSIAH STRINGER and CECELIA DAVIS are:

i. JOHN5 STRINGER.

ii. EMORY STRINGER, b. 1789.

Children of JOSIAH STRINGER and LUCRETIA STRINGER are:

20. iii. DANIEL5 STRINGER, d. 1855.

iv. LEVI STRINGER, b. 1801; m. MARY BURKETT; b. 1807; d. 1888.

v. ABBA STRINGER, b. 1814.

vi. DEBORAH STRINGER, b. 1816.

vii. JOSIAH FRANKLIN STRINGER, b. 1818; m. SARA ANN BURKETT; b. 1823; d.
1890.

Generation No. 5

8. SIMON5 STRINGER (CHARLES4, JOHN3, JOHN2, DANIEL1) was born 1778, and died
1866. He married CATHERINE BRINSON. She was born 1785, and died 1869.

Children of SIMON STRINGER and CATHERINE BRINSON are:

i. NANCY6 STRINGER, b. 1806.

ii. MATHEW BRINSON STRINGER, b. 1808.

iii. CATHERINE STRINGER, b. 1810.

iv. JOHN S.H. STRINGER, b. 1813.

v. THOMAS M. STRINGER, b. 1815.

vi. WILLIAM H. STRINGER, b. 1818.

vii. JAMES SHEPPARD M. STRINGER, b. 1820.

viii. SIMON D. STRINGER, b. 1823.

ix. SARAH ANN JANE STRINGER, b. 1827.

9. ABEL5 STRINGER (NOAH4, JOHN3, JOHN2, DANIEL1) was born April 23, 1788 in
GA, and died January 02, 1854 in Franklin County, MS. He married (1) NANCY
WARREN March 11, 1810 in Montgomery County, GA - Book A, page 40, daughter
of WARREN. She was born Abt. 1790 in Montgomery County, GA, and died Bet.
1827 - 1830 in Franklin County, MS. He married (2) (UNKNOWN) 1830. She died
1832. He married (3) ELIZABETH ANN BUCKLEY December 09, 1833 in Lawrence
County, MS, daughter of CHARLES EDWARD BUCKLEY. She was born June 05, 1810
in SC, and died August 12, 1853 in Franklin County, MS.

Children of ABEL STRINGER and NANCY WARREN are:

i. NANCY6 STRINGER, m. EDWARD BUCKLEY.

ii. JANE STRINGER, b. December 30, 1824, Franklin County, MS; d. March 07,
1897, Hamburg, Franklin County, MS; m. CHARNEL CORBAN; b. September 16,
1819, Franklin County, MS; d. December 18, 1890, Hamburg, Franklin County,
MS.

iii. CECELIA ANN STRINGER, b. April 24, 1827, Franklin County, MS; d.
October 25, 1864, Franklin County, MS; m. JOHN PRICHARD; b. June 12, 1807,
SC; d. March 19, 1891, Franklin County, MS.

Children of ABEL STRINGER and (UNKNOWN) are:

iv. NOAH D.6 STRINGER, b. 1830, Franklin County, MS; m. HANNAH L. KINNISON;
b. March 24, 1824, Franklin County, MS.

v. ABEL STRINGER, JR., b. 1832, Franklin County, MS; d. 1878, Franklin
County, MS; m. HANNAH MATILDA GUICE; b. March 07, 1838, Franklin County, MS;
d. May 17, 1916, Franklin County, MS.

Children of ABEL STRINGER and ELIZABETH BUCKLEY are:

vi. RUTH6 STRINGER, b. Franklin County, MS; m. (1) BROWN; m. (2) H.C.
MCALPIN.

vii. MARY STRINGER, b. September 30, 1833, Franklin County, MS; d. June 23,
1853, Franklin County, MS.

viii. ELIZABETH STRINGER, b. February 1835, Franklin County, MS; d.
September 10, 1926, Franklin County, MS; m. JOHN MADISON GRIFFING; b. July
13, 1829, Franklin County, MS; d. Abt. 1906, Franklin County, MS.

ix. CATHERINE STRINGER, b. 1839, Franklin County, MS; m. ISAAC KINNISON
GUICE; b. March 18, 1813, Franklin County, MS; d. January 07, 1895, Hamburg,
Franklin County, MS.

x. CHARLES STRINGER, b. 1844, Franklin County, MS.

xi. LITTLETON STRINGER, b. 1846, Franklin County, MS.

xii. NAOMI R. STRINGER, b. July 1848, Hamburg, Franklin County, MS; m. C.C.
BROWN.

xiii. SUSIE STRINGER, b. July 1851, Franklin County, MS.

10. PHARABA5 STRINGER (NOAH4, JOHN3, JOHN2, DANIEL1) was born 1797 in GA.
She married BENJAMIN WARREN May 06, 1810 in Montgomery County, GA - Book A,
page 61, son of WARREN. He was born Abt. 1790.

Children of PHARABA STRINGER and BENJAMIN WARREN are:

i. HENRY GURSON6 WARREN, b. 1826; d. 1895; m. MARY ROSA MOSLEY, June 26,
1862, Emanuel County , GA; b. 1842; d. 1928.

ii. JANE "JINCY" WARREN, b. 1830; d. 1899; m. (1) JOSHUA KEMP; b. 1826; d.
1863; m. (2) WILLIAM J. EDENFIELD, April 09, 1866, Emanuel County , GA.

Notes for JANE "JINCY" WARREN:

Buried at Rosemary Church in Jenkins Co., GA.

Notes for JOSHUA KEMP:

Tax Collector for Emanuel County January 14, 1851 - January 14, 1852; April
9, 1853 - January 10, 1854; January 0, 1855 - January 12, 1856; March 1,
1862 - February 18, 1863.

iii. BENJAMIN WARREN, b. 1838.

iv. ANDREW JACKSON WARREN, b. Bet. 1846 - 1847; d. 1908; m. MARY ANN MOSLEY;
b. 1851; d. 1936.

Notes for MARY ANN MOSLEY:

Buried in Cool Springs Cemetery, Candler County, GA.

20. DANIEL5 STRINGER (JOSIAH4, JOHN3, JOHN2, DANIEL1) died 1855. He married
MARIAH MELLY. She was born 1787, and died 1837.

Children of DANIEL STRINGER and MARIAH MELLY are:

i. SMITH6 STRINGER, b. 1809; m. SARA MORRISON.

ii. CECELIA STRINGER, b. 1810; d. 1832; m. JOHN BOLE.

iii. MARY STRINGER, b. 1815; d. 1848; m. LEVI BOLE.

iv. SARA O. STRINGER, b. 1817; m. GEORGE W. SWEATMAN.

v. MARIAH MELLY STRINGER, b. 1820; d. 1854; m. JAMES MADISON HORNE.

vi. ABNER DAVID STRINGER, b. 1824; d. 1870; m. AMELIA AMANDA HOPSON; b.
1829; d. 1901.

vii. WILLIAM TELL STRINGER, b. 1848; m. VIRGINIA HURST.

viii. NANCY ANN STRINGER, b. 1852; m. AMOS HICKS.

ix. JAMES H. STRINGER, b. 1854.

This thread: