STRIDE-L Archives

Archiver > STRIDE > 2009-04 > 1240341482

Subject: Re: [STRIDE] George and Mary Stride from portsmouth
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 15:18:02 EDT

Hi Lil,
I have a few George's in my tree but non of them match with your
birth year. However I have just been looking up on the 1851, Hampshire
census for George & I found him but he wasn't born in Portsmouth he was born
in Middlesex. This is quite common as a lot of the men worked in the Royal
Navy ship yards and moved around for work.
He was living in 52 Frederick Street, Portsea, Hampshire, England.
He was 35 years old born in 1826 in Middlesex.
His wife Mary was 25 years old
His son George was 6
Daughter Mary 1 year old
Brother in Law John Damerum aged 17 was also living with them.
Do you think this is them? If so would you like me to find him on the 1841
census?
Regards
Dawn (nee) Stride

This thread: