STREET-L Archives

Archiver > STREET > 2005-02 > 1108326376

From: "Don" <>
Subject: Re: [STREET] Street Challenges....
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:26:16 -0800

My brick wall has plenty of his descendants baffled. Jonathan Street was
born ca 1821 in Benton, TN according to his Civil War papers. Benton Co., TN
was formed in 1835 from Humphreys Co.and the county seat of Polk Co. is
Benton. Polk Co. was formed from Bradley/ McMinn Co's. in 1839. There are
Streets in both areas but have not been able to connect. Jonathan m. Martha
A. Gibbons b.ca 1824 in TN. Their first child [Josephine] was born in Izard
Co., AR 1851 or 52. Have not found marriage info in either TN or AR and have
not found them in 1850 census either state. In 1860 in Izard Co.. In 1864
were in Crawford Co., MO as Rebecca Ann, their 6th child was born here, and
in 1866 Martha, 7th and final child, was born in West Plains, Howell Co.,MO.
Martha died before 1881, in West Plains, as Jonathan married Elizabeth J.
Roberts in Feb 1881. Jonathan died May 1895 in West Plains. Thanks for
reading my tale of woe.

Don Harper