STONE-L Archives

Archiver > STONE > 2004-09 > 1095992744

From: "Linda" <>
Subject: Re: [STONE] Nehemiah Stone
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 22:25:54 -0400

Hi Brenda,
I just searched the Ancestry.com 1790 Census. Unfortunately back then only
the head of house was listed. There were columns listing number of
males/females in the house as well as number of slaves. There was 1 male
over 16 listed as Head of household, which you can assume was Nehemiah.
There was 1 male under 16 (no name), and 3 females no ages. No slaves or
colored persons listed either. There are columns for those in the pre-Civil
War census. The type of pages didn't change till about 1850's or so. Then
depending on the state they listed all the names in the household.
Here are two additional years!
1810 - 1 Male 45 yrs or older/ 1 Female- 26-45/ 6 free persons/ 16 slaves
1820- No males listed only Sarah Stone is listed- Prince William County, VA
There is also a Thomas Stone listed that same year.
Below is the is the general info on that years census.

Name: Nehemiah Stone
Township: Not Stated
County: Montgomery
State: Maryland