STONE-L Archives

Archiver > STONE > 1998-07 > 0901691903

From: Jeff Williams <>
Subject: Re: [STONE-L] William, Uriah, & Asbury Stone
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 22:58:23 -0700

Treasure,
I appreciate the additional info from "Stone Connections". The problem I am
having now is that Uriah who married Hepsibah Hadley would have had to have
been William's brother because of the birth dates. I estimate William's date of
birth at abt 1743 because of the children listed in his will. Jane, who married
Thomas Spearman was born about 1775 based on the birth of Wesley which was
about 1795/6. From Jane's mention in William's will it appears that she was the
third child and even if she was the first, his birth date would be 1750 to
1755. Even if we go to 1760, Uriah was only 12yrs old in 1760.
Is there any evidence that Uriah who married Hepsibah was the "Longhunter" or
that he was ever in KY? It seems as if there may be another family from VA that
used similar names.
Is "Stone Connections" still available and if so do you know how I can get
ahold of a copy? I appreciate the info.
Jeff

This thread: