STINNETT-L Archives

Archiver > STINNETT > 2005-08 > 1123861270

From: Sheri-Family Tree <>
Subject: Re: [STINNETT] Deed - William Stinnett
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 08:41:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ann,

I have found several databases that claim William had another wife. Most say first wife UKN or say Ann UKN. But I did find one other, Paul Thurston who named her as Ann Shoemaker with 8 children listed. You can see this at: http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=paulus-mmii&id=I09164
Most have opt to not share their sources. With so many only copying others works having sources makes a lot of sense. On many of my lines so much false data is just copied and past on. That is why I really hope to find verifiable evidence too. I am planning a trip to the East Coast passing through many states next Spring and just finding what to look for along the way is part of what I hope to do before I travel. And I plan to pass anything I can document on to others who desire it.

Do you have William listed as Willliam K Stinnett or William B. Stinnett? I see it listed both ways.

Thanks, Sheri

Ann Wilmer <> wrote:
I'm glad to see this. There has been much confusion about which William
Nancy Carter married. I even have a reference to suggest that William
married both Ann Shoemaker and Nancy Carter. Do you have any documentation
to put this to rest. I have not been able to find documentation for the
marriage of my g-g-g-grandparents (William and Ann).

Ann Wilmer