STANCIL-L Archives

Archiver > STANCIL > 2009-10 > 1256688740

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [STANCIL] Stancil's in Arkansas
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 00:12:20 -0000

Author: seeancestry
Surnames: Stancil - Stansill- Stansell
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.stancil/264.2/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Perhaps I have been looking in the wrong place. I was recently pouring over some old notes that I had taken when I first questioned my grandmother about her family. At the time I was just beginning her side of the tree & often we over look things we think are not important. I had written down that she reported her family had lived in Ga., Alabama & came from ARKANSAS. I assumed this was on the "Towns" side of the family and never considered or questioned the Stansill name.
Minnie Stansill born abt. 1869- 70 married R.M. Towns 1885.
My grandmothers family is native american.
A distant cousin said Joe Stansill was Minnies father. Joe Stansill was Hillman Stansills Brother. Does anyone have any info or connections?

Important Note: